Secret to Winning Online Poker Tournaments – Playing poker online is fun and I try it too from time to time. However, many players feel that playing in live tournaments is very similar to playing online. Yes, that’s true and it’s not. Here are 9 golden tips on how to ease your transition from playing online to playing in live poker tournaments.
1) If you have a hard time dealing with the stresses of everyday life, don’t think that playing in front of watchful eyes and a room full of people will have no effect on you. If you are very touchy and influenced, I suggest you save your money and forget about playing in tournaments altogether and this is even more relevant when talking about live idnpoker.com tournaments.
2) Wear comfortable and unfashionable clothes. This is not a fashion show: this is poker. So, wear clothes that will help you feel comfortable and at ease. I once knew a woman who wore skinny jeans and then overall, she continued to fidget uncomfortably. Regardless of what was said, he was the first to lose and all because he was dressed uncomfortably.
3) Just drink a little water so you don’t feel thirsty and don’t want to go to the toilet. One of those two feelings is disaster for the poker player in the middle of the hand.
4) Do not drink alcohol or even sugary soft drinks. Alcohol will cause you to lose concentration and sugary drinks will give you a false sense of well-being; both will work against you when you play in live matches.
5) Do not sit next to the dealer. Most poker tournaments allow you to choose your seat in the previous round. It is best to sit across from the dealer so you can see every poker player.
6) Try not to change position while playing. If you start to feel really uncomfortable, change your position after one hand ends. Under no circumstances should you move while playing.
7) Go to the toilet when breaks are announced and don’t hang around talking. It is best to relax your gallbladder instead of exchanging words with other players.
8) Watch how other people do it. Those who will lose will choose to play only if they have a strong hand; those with large stacks will be more willing to take risks.
9) Learn the rules and regulations of the particular poker tournament you have entered to save on unnecessary losses.
Live poker games are against people, so if you can read people well, you will have an advantage when playing in tournaments. But don’t overestimate your opponent. Many poker pros fall for relatively unknown players because they are overconfident. So, study the game, think wisely and calmly and you have a good chance of reaping the first prize.…